TROPHY RIFLE COUES WHITETAIL DEER
RIO SONORA OUTFITTERS, LLC
Rio Sonora Outfitters is highly experienced in the field of Free Range/Fair Chase rifle Coues Whitetail Deer hunting in Mexico.
With well over a decade of experience, RSO continues to specialize in trophy quality Coues Whitetail Deer hunting specifically in Mexico; we are committed to providing you the best Trophy Quality hunt opportunity possible, it’s that simple! When it comes to Coues Deer, RSO is a recognized name for trophy class deer. We offer each hunter a “hands on” approach and employ ethical, hard working guides to assist in making your hunting experience safe, enjoyable and successful. Hunt availability may be limited, as it is not our intent too book high numbers annually, but focus on the quality of the hunts and the quality of bucks our hunters take. This is evident in our Photo Gallery and the Slide Show of 110” Plus Bucks our clients have taken. On our hunts, your chance of taking a record book trophy is good, very good!
Rio Sonora Outfitters continues to be consistent in the field and proven as an Outfitter in Mexico for Trophy Coues Whitetail. We will continue to focus on the availability of quality bucks on the ranches and putting trophies in the books for our hunters! If you’re a trophy hunter looking for a trophy hunt, I invite you to compare RSO to other Outfitters in Mexico. RSO is “the Outfitter” for you if Trophy Quality is your priority!
The season begins in late November and extends into the first week of February annually. This liberal season offers hunters the opportunity to hunt either pre-rut in December or the “rut” in January. The rut increases deer activity in general, making deer more visible to our guides and hunters. Rio Sonora Outfitters takes advantage of the rut, like many outfitters do, however we have been extremely successful taking the majority of higher scoring deer in excess of 120” gross during “pre-rut” hunts. This is credited to the pre-season scouting efforts made annually resulting in clients taking great deer including the large non-typical below that scored 151-4/8”.
All hunts are conducted on private ranches, legally registered for hunting. Ranch locations vary, but typical travel-time is between 2 to 5.5 hours from the International Border. Lodging is in comfortable ranch houses with either solar or generator powered electricity, running water, hot showers, comfortable bedrooms equipped with beds and linens and local Mexican cooks prepares a variety of great foods and adds just the right amount of Mexican culture to the menu including; steak, pork loin, grilled chicken, chili colorado, tortilla soup, ham, bacon, sausage, chorizo, eggs, and we can't forget the beans and tortillas daily! Dutch oven deserts or fruit pies will add a finishing touch to a great dinner; we may even show up with ice cream. All food and drinks (except alcohol) are provided.
American or Mexican guides accompany hunters in the field where bucks are glassed and stalks are planned. As deer are taken, the number of guides per hunter increases. Ranch cowboy(s) are also extremely valuable in locating trophy bucks (prior to and during hunts), and assisting with all aspects of the hunts. While hunting, several methods of transportation are used, depending on the ranch, including 4x4's, ATV's, and hiking. All travel is based out of the Tucson International Airport where hunters electing to fly in will arrive, be picked up and returned. Those driving will travel to Hereford, AZ and vehicles will be secured at the Outfitters residence.
Hunters are responsible for all meals and Hotel accommodations prior to entering Mexico, and trophy care arrangements in the US. (RSO can suggest a local Taxidermist in Tucson and will provide trophy drop off with them). A travel plan will be provided to each hunter along with Hotel discount information well in advance of the hunts. Hunters are responsible for all transportation to Tucson or Hereford, AZ where the hunt is based.
Rio Sonora Outfitters prepare all required paperwork necessary to legally hunt Mexico in addition to all personal assistance when purchasing Mexico travel Visa's, all Border crossings, and with all inspection checkpoints in Mexico. All paperwork will be completed by the outfitter and provided to you prior to leaving from the hunt including; USFWS Declaration Form, USDA Notice of Arrival Form, Ranch Hunting Contract and Ranch Hunt Authorization Form. These legal documents will be provided to each hunter prior to hunting. Hunters are responsible for the cost of their Mexico Visa (approx. $25.00) at the International Border.
Rio Sonora Outfitters provides you a worry free crossing on BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER! "Our personal touch takes the worry out of hunting Mexico".
Specific Rifle Coues Hunt Information:
- Limits of 4 or 5 hunters per hunt depending on ranch
- Two hunts annually per ranch (pre-rut or rut options)
- Border crossing; Douglas, Arizona/Agua Prieta, Sonora
- Annual harvest will be limited on each ranch to maintain age class. The Bonito Ranch has buck harvest restrictions of 110”+
- American and Mexican guides will accompany/assist hunters on a 2 on 1 hunt; ranch guides will also assist
- All transportation is provided to and from the ranch from Tucson International Airport (Hotel accommodations required on the day prior to and after the hunt)
- All food, soft drinks/water and camp cooks are provided
- Complete Mexican/American food menu for breakfast and dinner; lunch and snacks are taken in the field daily
- All trophy care on the ranch and transport back to the US
- All required documentation to hunt Mexico, import and declare trophies at the US Border including; Ranch Contract (license), tag and all completed forms to import and declare trophies at the US Border.
- Complete assistance declaring trophies and all inspection requirements at the US Port of Entry.
- Firearm Permit Application service include two firearms/permit)
- http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/CBP_Form_4457.pdf US Firearms Declaration Form
- Optional 1 on 1 American guide assistance available upon request for an additional $500.00 each for two hunters
- Optional 1 on 1 Mexican guide assistance is available upon request for an additional $250.00 each for two hunters
- Cost is $3750.00 for 5.5 day hunt plus Trophy Fees (listed below)
- Cost is $4250.00 for 6.5 day hunts plus Bonito Ranch Trophy Fees (click here) for hunts with a 110” minimum gross score restrictions.
- Non-hunting guest $450.00 upon available transportation
- Checking the firearm zero at 300 and 500 yards is required prior to hunting
Trophy Fees for Rifle Coues Deer taken:
- $$500.00 any deer
- $1000.00 for a 100-109-7/8" buck
- $1500.00 for a 110-119-7/8" buck
- $2500.00 for a 120-129-7/8" buck
- $3500.00 for a 130-139 7/8” buck
- $5000.00 for a 140-149-7/8” buck
- $7500.00 for a 150”+ buck
- Second deer tag - $2250.00 plus TF
**All scores are based on "total gross SCI score".
**For deer wounded not recovered the next lowest TF applies based on estimated deer score
Brad Fulk – Rio Sonora Outfitters and daughter Brooklyn with her second Coues Buck
“The ending and beginning of each season bring bitter sweet moments for each person involved in Outfitter/Guiding trophy hunts at RSO. The lingering summer between seasons bring thoughts of great moments and experiences from the past, communication with friends that share the passion. This is a annual beginning as the “off-season” is really not the off-season at all, but a time for planning and visits with our ranching friends to the south, keeping updated on conditions and elements of the business that is critical in preparation for the fall. Once the early fall scouting season arrives its back to the glassing points with high expectations and anticipation of the next exceptional trophy of the season! This is not just another year, trip, or trophy; it’s a tradition for us at RSO. We look forward to the next adventure and sharing that experience with you!”
Thank you for the interest in our hunts,
Brad Fulk – Rio Sonora Outfitters